The essential meaning of all the teachings of the Buddha is to liberate all beings from suffering and its causes, foster harmony and peace, and become thoroughly familiar with the nature and qualities of one’s own mind. The complete and direct realization of this path is buddhahood.
The Tibetan Buddhist foundational practices of Ngondro embody all the teachings of the Buddha. They are a perfect and complete framework for cultivating a balanced, effective, and rewarding spiritual practice.
During this meditation retreat we will explore these essential practices that keep our minds and hearts connected with the true nature, and moving steadily on a firm and peaceful journey to enlightenment.
We will study and practice the Dudjom Tersar Ngondro according to the lineage instructions of Ven. Khenchen Palden Sherab Rinpoche (1938-2010) and Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche, great Nyingma masters and scholars who founded the Padmasambhava Buddhist Center to preserve the authentic teachings and practices of the Buddha and Guru Padmasambhava. Khenpo Tsewang Rinpoche is fully versed in the Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana schools, and is a master of Dzogchen, the most advanced tradition of meditation practice in Tibetan Buddhism.
All are welcome!
Starts: Noon, Friday October 5th
Ends: 3PM, Sunday October 7th
Padma Gochen Ling in Monterey, Tennessee
The retreat prayer texts we will be using :
• Dudjom Tersar Ngondro. This will be the primary practice for this retreat.
• Buddha Sadhana – Used for morning practice. Some copies are available in the Temple.
• Daily PBC Prayers Extended Edition – Opening and closing prayers for every practice.
• The Mountain of Burnt Offerings – Fire Puja practice
• White Umbrella
• Offering Prayers to the Dharma Protectors – Dharmapala practice
• Illuminating the Path by Ven. Khenpo Rinpoches
PBC Members: $60