H.E. Namgay Dawa Rinpoche—grandson of H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche Jigdral Yeshe Dorje and son of H.H. Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche—very kindly offered a special blessing ceremony of precious Dudjom Tersar relics at Padma Samye Ling monastery and retreat center in upstate New York on October 20, 2019 at the request of Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche and the Sangha of the Padmasambhava Buddhist Center.
H.E. Namgay Dawa Rinpoche is the reincarnation of Tulku Phulung Sangye Rinpoche, who was one of the principal root teachers of H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche.
The blessing ceremony of sacred relics included personal items of H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche, as well as other precious objects related to the Dudjom Tersar lineage of the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism. These are rare treasures that carry tremendous blessing and inspiration.
Some of the amazing, incredibly sacred relics that were present included:
- Guru Rinpoche’s Samye Terphur (terma phurba revealed at Samye Monastery)
- Terdak Thamchen Dorje Terphur (terma phurba of Dorje Lekpa)
- Samye Dhora (original dorje from the vajra wall around Samye Monastery)
- Dakini Kapala
- H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche Jigdral Yeshe Dorje’s Tsebum (long life vase)
- HH Dudjom Rinpoche’s Hat
- HH Dudjom Rinpoche’s Bell, Dorje, Bumpa, Dru Ze (rice pot), Chodram (drum), Kangling (trumpet), and ink pot (used to write down many termas)
On Saturday, October 19, 2019 H.E. Namgay Dawa Rinpoche blessed the entire Three Kaya Temple, as well as the Lotus Thrones where five new stupas and a Guru Rinpoche temple are being built in the PSL meadow.
Copyright © Padmasambhava Buddhist Center at Padma Samye Ling. All rights reserved.